Gale Worsham R.N., PK-3
361-645-3206 ext 8104
Renata Williams, L.V.N., 4-6
361-645-3206 ext 8108
POISON CONTROL 1-800-222-1222
CHILD ABUSE HOTLINE 1-800-252-5400
SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT 361-645-3451
GOOD HEALTH, POSSIBLY THE MOST CHERISHED GIFT OF ALL; THE ONE THAT CAN'T BE BOUGHT, WRAPPED, OR RETURNED.
MAY 25, 2016 IS DON'T FRY DAY
MAY IS SUMMER SAFETY CHECKLIST TIME
Summertime means sunshine, starlit nights, and chasing fireflies. It also means spending more time outside and at the playground.
TOP TEN SUMMER PLAYGROUND SAFETY TIPS:
1. ADULT SUPERVISION IS PRESENT TO OBSERVE, INTERCEDE AND FACILITATE PLAY.
2. ALL CHILDREN PLAY ON AGE-APPROPRIATE EQUIPMENT, DIFFERENT EQUIPMENT FOR DIFFERENT AGES.
3. APPROPRIATE FALL SURFACING MATERIAL IS PRESENT DUE TO FALLS.
4. EQUIPMENT IS SAFE, GOOD WORKING ORDER.
5. NO STRINGS/ROPES TO CATCH ON EQUIPMENT THAT CAN CAUSE ACCIDENTAL STRANGULATION.
6. EQUIPMENT IS NOT TOO HOT, POSSIBLE BURNS ON THE SKIN.
7. NO HELMETS WORN ON THE EQUIPMENT, MAY EASILY GET CAUGHT.
8. WEAR APPROPRIATE CLOTHING, CLOSED SHOES.
9. PROTECTION FROM THE SUN, LESS TIME IN SUN, SEEK SHADE, COVER ARMS/LEGS, HATS, SUNSCREEN SPF 30 OR MORE, AND SUNGLASSES.
10. PROTECTION FROM EXTREME TEMPERATURES, BE WATCHFUL OF HEAT INDEX ABOVE 90 DEGREES.
5 A DAY THE COLOR WAY!
Eat Your Colors Every Day To Stay Healthy and Fit
BLUE/PURPLE helps our memory.
GREEN helps our vision.
WHITE helps lower cholesterol.
YELLOW/ORANGE strengthens our immune system.
RED gives us a healthy heart.
CRITICAL FIVE FOR HANDWASHING
1. Washing hands with water alone is not enough!
2. Handwashing with soap can prevent diseases that affect millions of children. SOAP'S ON! GERMS GONE!
3. The critical moments for handwashing with soap are after bathroom use and before eating.
4. Handwashing with soap is the single most cost-effective health intervention.
5. Children can be agents of change, taking "handwashing lessons" learned at school back into their homes and community.
CDC RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PREVENTION OF GETTING AND SPREADING GERMS:
1. WASH your hands often with soap and water.
2. AVOID touching your face.
3. AVOID close contact with sick people.
4. COVER your coughs and sneezes.
5. CLEAN and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
6. STAY home when you are sick.